Philippe Starck is a design God! No one does it better than him. His approach to design is nothing short of inspirational. I am an ardent admirer - I love his overtness, his simplicity, his passion and most definitely, his often completely bonkers attitude to design. I use his pieces in pretty much all our interior projects, in our home, anywhere I can.
Now I want to use his Baccarat chandeliers, which are quite simply sublime, breathtaking. Particularly the ‘Marie Coquine’ Chandelier. Or floor lamp. Or both! They are bonkers and I love them for that! I just need a nice juicy interior and a very wealthy client to let me have my way with them.
Starck has worked with Baccarat since 2003 and his Darkside collection in 2005 featured the now famous Zénith Noir chandelier which has become a design icon. So too his Zénith Unfocussed chandelier and his Zénith Midnight....
Everything he does is magic!

Everything he does is magic!






He is crazy and hilarious - I love humour at the moment,it makes my world go round. I once made a chandelier from antique false teeth that I found in a fleamarket.I strung them together like pearls - they looked so pretty and insane!
ReplyDeleteNeed to see a picture of this, C! Craziness rocks my world!!!
ReplyDelete