Colliss and Quinton latest designs

Colliss and Quinton latest designs

High rise living?

How about this for high rise industrial living? A contemporary family home in Hamm Westfalen, Germany, perches on top of a massive concrete bunker five storeys high! Originally intended to be nine storeys in height, and having survived several air attacks, construction halted when the war ended. 

And so it sat until some visionary had the idea of turning it into a home. I absolutely love the mix of old and new and feel it so important to try and keep some of the history of a building as it moves to a new phase of life. Contemporary additions can only be enhanced and accentuated by the historical elements, and this sharp, angular building looks so right on the remnants of this brutal concrete structure. I really wish there were some images of what the interior looks like.  I imagine lovely modernist furniture like the Barcelona chairs, Eames Lounge chairs, Splügen Bräu pendants with soft grey walls, hints of steely blues and a perhaps a hit of vibrant orange and a pair of heavily buttoned, white leather George Smith chesterfields.  Mmmmm!






No comments:

Post a Comment