Colliss and Quinton latest designs

Colliss and Quinton latest designs

Delectable chairs



I am in love with these chairs! We use them all the time for our projects and I am delighted that we will be stocking them on our soon to open Colliss & Quinton webshop.

The Charles and Ray Eames DSW plastic side chair is a contemporary version of the legendary Fibreglass Chair. Produced in collaboration with Zenith Plastics for the Museum of Modern Art in New York's Low-Cost Furniture Design Competition, it was the first industrially manufactured plastic chair. We have the black ones in our studio and the are gorgeous.

The Panton Chair  or 'stacking chair' (Verner Panton is one of my design heroes) exudes class and elegance... and will just never, ever date. Made from a single piece of cantilevered plastic with no back legs, it was the first of its kind. The design was very difficult to work on but thankfully Vitra was willing to work with Panton to develop his idea.

Finally, Arne Jacobsen's Model 3107 chair, better know as the Series 7 (or Christine Keeler chair) also resides in our house, with a Saarinen dining table and Splügen Bräu Suspension Lamp. Light, stackable and compact it is by far the most sold chair in the history of Fritz Hansen. But, I have a hankering for more black DSW chairs for our dining room to enhance our Big Ben Wall Clock. Or should I go for white Panton chairs....

2 comments:

  1. I like them all but I think the Eames black molded plastic dowel leg side chair does it for me. My other is the Eames metal wire side chair painted black! Great photos thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I totally agree. Eames DSW all the way for me too. Thanks for taking time to comment!

    ReplyDelete