Colliss and Quinton latest designs

Colliss and Quinton latest designs

Going for black walls...

OK. Not content with the idea of dark grey focal wall in our bedroom, I am going for black! Well, nearly black!  It looks black but 'Railings' by Farrow & Ball describes it as "a dark bronze colour"... it's going on the wall this afternoon.

Here is a quick mock up of the wall behind our bed. It's currently painted in Ice Cascade by Sandersons, a gorgeous, light reflective soft grey. Our bedroom is north facing but I want to go darker. I considered Down Pipe (my choice of colour last week) but I want to go blacker - almost as dark as my beloved portrait of Mr Joshua Hanshaw II which sits on planks that form our bedhead. Kartell's black and chrome E- lights are fixed to the headboard and we have Anna Castelli Ferrieri's Componobili bedside units. A fur throw and Margot Selby's Iceni cushions will add pattern and texture to the bed with striking pink orchid to lift the mood and add a touch of vivid colour. 

Will post the results this week... and who know, maybe the black will continue on the other walls.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment