Colliss and Quinton latest designs

Colliss and Quinton latest designs

Shower Room design for Grade II Listed property

Bonkers or brilliant... what do you think? Here is a design we put together for a Shower Room in a beautiful Grade II listed property.

Bathrooms are often so neglected. They are either functional and sterile or just totally unloved spaces... a project to be tackled at some later date. But they don't have to be. Plan the room to be functional and practical of course, but add some passion and drama!

This plan is for a small space (the room is not really more than 2m x 2.4m) but it has huge presence and packs a real punch. The design for the property, whose original parts date back to the 14thC features a glass shower, a slate clad counter with a large white basin on top, a French gilt mirror and wall lights (much more flattering than lighting over the top of the mirror!), back to the wall loo and chrome ladder radiator on the exposed stone wall. But the real wow factor is a mural of a work of art by Adriaen Thomasz Key - as soon as you enter the shower room, his image will greet you... the colours work, the style works and it's a bit of fun - I love it.

What do you think?


If you fancy a bit of Adriaen, contact us at the studio. His, along with other images, will be available as wall murals when our new site launches this month!


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I didn't know you had a blog? I'm so pleased I found it, I'm gonna look forward to hankering down with a cuppa later this eve and reading your posts. I also blog ~ isn't it funny how we live in the same place but our paths don't seam to cross. We must discuss blogging and stuff over a cuppa one day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise,

    Lovely to hear from you and we must get together over that cuppa and talk blog. Going to check your blog out now.

    Let me know what you think of our posts - the website launches (hopefully) around mid July and will contain some really cool products - all for grown up interior spaces x

    See you really soon xx

    ReplyDelete